Replace channel balances

A handy person from Danville, CA says:
I need to replace two balances and sash guides in one of my master bedroom windows. The parts are shown in the attached photo. My best guess is that they are 350 series (28" long). Both top pieces (19-002?) have broken tabs where the sash guide engaged. The two sash guides (18-009?) are also cracked and need to be replaced. The dimensions for it fit with the 18-009 part.

Please advise on what I need to order or let me know if you have additional questions.

Thanks for your help. --Jeff
A customer submitted image of their channel balance hardware.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Good morning, Jeff. Thanks for posting! I agree, that top sash guide looks like our 18-009. If the dimensions all match like you say then it's the best place to start.

As for the balance, our Series 350 look close. I would just make sure that the bottom shoe matches our 15-004 and not our 15-005.
A handy person from Danville, Ca says:
Paul: Thanks for the tip. The bottom shoe is the 15-005 as it is only 1" deep.

It looks like I need the 380 series with 19-005 and 15-005.

The other thing I didn't mention was the information stamped on the back: 27 4 IO Caldwell. If that changes the recommendation let me know. Otherwise I'll get this ordered.

Thanks. --Jeff
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Ah, I see. In that case, your balance will have to be custom made. Our Series 380 wouldn't work since the top attachment has wings.

If you're interested, take a look at this Custom Channel Balance Order Form that I have started for you based on your specifications and fill out the rest of the information. One of our representatives will contact you shortly thereafter with a quote.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)