Replace entire handle assembly and lock

A friend from Joliet, Illinois says:
This is an AcornDorwal sliding glass door handle: inside pull and outside locking pull. The latch hook does not stay up and connected to the keeper when the door is unlocked but shut. It must be moved into the locked position manually. Originally, when the door was shut, the latch hook automatically connected to the connector to hold the door locked. (I assume a spring or something has broken?) My Father-in-Law wants me to replace the whole assembly. The door is 1-1/2" wide. The mounting holes are spaced 3-1/2" apart. I am sorry but I did not take disassembled photos. I can if necessary.

I suspect I need to buy the 82-306 Keyed Exterior Sliding Door Pull and the 82-055K Keyed Handle Set. The look of 82-055K appears close to his original Handle but, of course, the main thing is the for it all to work properly. Can you let me know if this is the correct choice or, if not, make a suggestion?
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_6941.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_6943.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_6967.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_6969.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_7677.JPG
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

I agree that the 82-055K looks like a great match for your old handle. I would just check the hole spacing to ensure that yours is also 3-1/2", like ours.

If so, then I feel confident the 82-055K will work for you. 

How to install a key lock in the 82-306 Keyed Exterior Sliding Door Pull
How to install a key lock in the 82-306 Keyed Exterior Sliding Door Pull
GUIDE
READ >
How to maintain a sliding glass door
How to maintain a sliding glass door
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.