Replace handles on jalousie windows

A quick learner from Hamilton Square, NJ says:
I need to replace the crank handles on 5 of my jalousie windows on my back porch. I also nee to replace 4 panes of glass that have moisture in them. I cannot find the name of the he windows any where on them. The windows were here when we bought the house so I think they are about 20 years old. Do you have someone who can come to the house to do the replacements or do I just order the parts through Swisco?
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 66938386-77B2-4665-B0E6-BEB4061ECD32.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named A2EF7280-6DDB-43AC-BD31-A7A689300396.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named C9ED7FC7-FEDE-4131-9724-A4BEF8647CE7.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 50C5DB20-0AEE-4828-8171-9ECE483A7B5E.jpeg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Looks like you need new awning window operators. We can help, but I'll need you to  remove one of these operators and show me one clear picture that shows every installation hole in one shot, as well as one clear picture of the link arm. The operator must be fully removed to show us the link arm, we won't be able to identify it as long as it's still installed. Once we see that, we will do our best to find a good match.

I'm afraid we can't help with the glass, but a local glass shop should be able to help you out with that. We also do not have service contractors, unfortunately.

Tom, I tried to completely remove the operator but couldn't separate it where the arm is attached. Hopefully these pictures are enough for you to see what kind of handle it is. Karen
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 7C141A21-4866-4585-81AA-D1263721817B.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named BF1EC183-DE0D-4CA9-AB3B-825BC24146CB.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named B1307E00-1FEF-4F6E-A219-B31C80613CD2.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named B69022BB-A0F7-4A5E-884B-C8D3D402873F.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named B1340CD3-744A-4EF2-9846-AE8F268459C2.jpeg
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:

I believe you have an older style Silverline aluminum awning window. This older window operator used the "e" clip to attach the link arm to the window linkage, but you can still use a screw type. 

Case in point, take a look at the 39-025 operator. This one uses a screw to attach the link arm to the window, which I find to be an easier attachment. That "e" clip was hard to deal with. The 39-025 looks like it could be worth considering as a replacement, but look over our dimensions and see what you think. 

Hi Dave, I received the 6 awning window cranks 39-025 but what I didn't realize is that they come with right and left handles. I now need 4 with the handles on the right. How do I order them. Are they # 39-026? I will need to return 3 of the left handed cranks. Where do I send them to? Thanks Karen
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named CCE9E05B-06F1-4DB5-90A4-6EE76CEBEAE1.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 3C847D3D-A999-401B-87A4-3B7FADC695FB.gif
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Hey, Karen! The handle for the 39-026 and 39-025 is our 39-104. This doesn't come in left and right, though. The operator is what orients the handle, which is otherwise neutral.

How to Replace an Awning Window Operator [1080p]
How to Replace an Awning Window Operator [1080p]
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to install a threaded rivnut for a wood window frame
How to install a threaded rivnut for a wood window frame
VIDEO
WATCH >
Identifying Replacement Weatherstripping
Identifying Replacement Weatherstripping
VIDEO
WATCH >
Replacing Glazing Bead and Glass in an Aluminum Window Sash
Replacing Glazing Bead and Glass in an Aluminum Window Sash
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace Vinyl Window Glazing Bead
How to Replace Vinyl Window Glazing Bead
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to identify casement and awning operators
How to identify casement and awning operators
GUIDE
READ >
How to Replace Insulated Glass in an Aluminum Window with Snap-In Glazing
How to Replace Insulated Glass in an Aluminum Window with Snap-In Glazing
GUIDE
READ >
How to Replace Glazing in a Vinyl Window
How to Replace Glazing in a Vinyl Window
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.