Replace old PADO lock and handle

A quick learner from New Orleans, LA says:

I need to replace this whole thing. I replaced the handles a while back b/c they would come loose. They're doing that again as well as the 'catch' piece that goes in and out (I don't know the technical term) to keep the door closed gets stuck in the hole lately. Also the deadbolt has begun to have problems. Some days you really have to work at it to get the key to turn. I was looking at 40-097 but worried if my screws/holes would line up.

Also, what's the return policy if it doesn't fit?

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20220731_165353.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20220731_170942.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20220731_165342.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20220731_165401.jpg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Hello! I agree, our 40-097 looks like a great option for your old door. The 49-183 is also worth considering. 

Truth be told your old PADO set hasn't been made in a long time and neither set mentioned is going to be exact, but they're absolutely going to be your best choice. I think they'll even work just fine as-is, but you should still brace yourself for the possibility that some alterations may be necessary. Redrilling new holes should be the worst thing you have to expect. We also have detailed dimensions for each product that you can use as a reference.

As for our return policy, you can see ours here.

A quick learner from Metairie, LA says:
Thank you so much! I went with the 40-183 in black. Fingers crossed!!
How to flip a storm door mortise latch.
How to flip a storm door mortise latch.
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.