Replace operator for kitchen vinyl windows.

A quick learner from 03102 says:
This is the right hand window. Will need both the left and right along with covers and cranks in white.Thank you.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20200426_155830.jpg
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for posting. I am pretty confident we can replace this casement operator, but it looks like the link arm is missing on this one. Is there an undamaged version you can show us, with the link arm still intact? From there, we'll do our best to narrow down what you need. Thanks.

Hi, it looks like the arms in the photo I sent are intact. Both left and right windows are the same. It just seems that the worm gears in the operator section are stripped.

Thank you.

Arnie

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20200426_155830.jpg
Profile picture of Bob

Hi Arnie. I certainly see the arms for a casement window hinge, but these arms are not the same arms that connect to the operator on the window sill. The casement window hinges not connected to the operator: they connect the window sill to the casement window, and they are essentially what guide and support the window sash during its opening and closing. But the arm I'm speaking of should be coming out of the back of the operator and connects to that stud bracket also in your photos, which looks like either the 39-513 and 39-514. The split arm on the casement operator is actually what 'pushes' the window open or 'pulls' it close. 

Take a look at our 39-090 or 39-188. These have the bodies of your operator, but also a so-called 'split-arm' that emerges from the back of it. This is what connects to that stud bracket in your photos. I believe you need something like one of these two operators, but you'll note there are slight differences in the shape of their split-arms. This difference affects compatibility, which is why seeing one with the arm still intact would be best. 

Hi, did a little more digging and found the missing arm I think you were looking for. I reattached it but the worm gear is clearly stripped.
Thank you!
Arnie
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20200607_172850.jpg
Profile picture of Bob

Hey Arnie, thanks for getting back to me with the arm. This definitely looks like the 39-188 to me; the shape of the gear-arm has a tell-tale 'W' shape. Let me know if you have any other questions.  

Connecting a casement window operator to stud bracket
Connecting a casement window operator to stud bracket
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a casement window
Anatomy of a casement window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to identify casement and awning operators
How to identify casement and awning operators
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.