Replace spiral balance

A home owner says:
I have a 29 inch yellow tip black end. What replacement piece do i need.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named image.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 7B208D2B-92AF-4790-95F1-91764A449B45.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named F43C8C3E-B111-4E83-A5E5-238291FBC08E.jpeg
A home owner says:
Length is 28 inches.
Window weighs 21
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for reaching out to us. I'm a little confused by the information given. Can you confirm the length of the outer tube? Is it 29" or 28"? Can you also tell me its diameter?

You also said that the color tip is both yellow and black, which is conflicting. Looking at your photos I don't believe it's either; it appears to be a very discolored white tip. To clarify matters, can you tell me the exact weight of the sash?

A home owner says:
The spring is not in a medal encasement like the new ones. I measured just the spring coil and it measured 28 inches in length. The tip is yellow in color. The weight of the window sash is 21 lbs,
thank you john.
Profile picture of Tom

Thanks, John. I still need to know the diameter of the balance. This must be done by measuring the outer tube; in your case, it's the white nylon tube you show in your first photo. The only two options available are 3/8" and 9/16" so it will be one of those.

A home owner says:
It is 3/8, the smaller size. Thanks john
Profile picture of Tom

Thanks! That would be our S900-28 then. For a sash of 21 pounds I would recommend the Green Tip color option. Two S900-28 spiral balances with a Green Tip can carry a load of 14 through 26 pounds, which should be more than sufficient for your window.

A home owner says:
Thank you for your help john
Profile picture of Tom

You're welcome! Please let me know if you had any other questions.

How to replace a tilt window spiral balance.
How to replace a tilt window spiral balance.
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Identify a Replacement Spiral Balance
How to Identify a Replacement Spiral Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to choose the proper spiral balance tip color
How to choose the proper spiral balance tip color
GUIDE
READ >
How to adjust a spiral balance on a tilt window
How to adjust a spiral balance on a tilt window
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.