Replace upper plastic attachment of window channel balance 2930

A quick learner from Miami says:
Unable to open the windows, plastic ends broken on several windows. I will appreciate very much your help in finding the right part and how to install them.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20200129_171144.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20200129_171214.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20200129_171446.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20200129_171524.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20200129_172033.jpg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for reaching out to us. It looks like you have Jones window balances. We can supply these, but since they're not a standard configuration they will have to be a custom order.

Specifically, we'll be making up 30" channel balances with  a 19-039 top and 15-002 bottom fitting. We'll also be going with the 2930 stamp option, of course.

Does that look good to you? If so, please let me know how many you need and I'll be happy to email you an order link and price quote for that quantity.

A quick learner from Miami says:
Tom, tanks for your reply. I have looked at the balances of other windows and they have numbers 2920 and 2310. Is accessory 19-039 used for these numbers too? When you say they are custom made, does it mean that I have to change the balances too? There are 10 windows that have been exposed to the intense heat of Florida for about 30 years ...
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

I can't say for sure if the other balances in your house use the same top fitting. It's important to understand that those stamps aren't part numbers or serial codes in any way. All they do is indicate the calibration of the spring. The only way to know if they have the same nylon fittings is to check the nylon fittings.

When I say custom made, I just mean that this isn't a stock part that we carry in our catalog. It's something we have to assemble here in the shop before we send it out to you. It's not a big deal on your end, you'd still purchase it the same way, we just have to make sure that all the information is clear so that we know what to make.

If you have different stamps on all of your balances then we need to go on a part-by-part basis. You'll have to confirm that the nylon fittings on each size match our 19-039 top and 15-002 bottom. If they differ, we have to see how. We'll also need to know how many of each you need.

How to Replace a Channel Balance Attachment
How to Replace a Channel Balance Attachment
VIDEO
WATCH >
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.