Replacement Balancer

A quick learner from Canton, MI says:
Tilt-in double hung windows, most likely from Home Depot, although origin is unknown as I am the second owner of the house. Balancer mounts to inside of window casement by a 'hook'. It does not screw into the window.

Rivet where spring mounts is broken. Lower part of the block and tackle is broken. Need a new balancer.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20200629_143304.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20200629_143357.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20200629_143414.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20200629_143423.jpg
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

This appears to be a Series 770 balance with a rivet in the second-to-top hole, is that correct? We can build these balances for you but they'll have to be custom made due to their unique design. The rivet would use an S-Clip like the 19-029 or 19-030, sold separately, to attach to the window jamb. Can you confirm the length of the metal channel is 22"? And is there a stamp code on the metal channel you can show us? Finally, how many balances do you need? From there we'll get this started for you. 

A quick learner from Canton, MI says:
The metal channel is 22" in length.
I have the existing S-clip.
From what I can make out, there is UB 21C on the channel.
I need one balancer.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20200629_143304.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20200710_063913.jpg
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for getting back to me. This confirms you need an S770-22 with a rivet put in the second-to-top hole so you can use an S-Clip like the 19-029 or 19-030, sold separately. Two points here before we proceed:

• (2) is our minimum quantity for custom orders. Note that we always recommend replacing both balances in a window anyway; if one breaks, the other usually isn't far behind. 
  • The stamp code 21C is a little unusual for a 22" balance of this type, though we do see it from time to time. This may translate to our S770-22 with a stamp option of 22C. The stamp option of 22C supports a window sash in the weight range of 16 through 21 lbs. I highly advise you obtain the exact wight of your window sash to ensure it falls within this weight range before proceeding with your order. As all custom orders are non-refundable, it's always best to be thorough. 
  • If your balance does not fall in that weight range, do not go ahead with the order. Let me know instead what the exact weight is, and I'll adjust the custom order specifications accordingly. 

If the sash weight does fall into that weight range, I think we're good to go. I am sending you an email with a custom link to order (2) of these balances. Let me know if you have any further questions prior to making your order. 

How to replace a tilt-window channel balance.
How to replace a tilt-window channel balance.
VIDEO
WATCH >
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.