Replacement Balances

A quick learner from Franklin says:

I think these are 3/8 inch 34 inch white tipped series 900 spiral balances for my tilt window. The part the screw went through on the top is made of plastic and they started to break (with a very loud bang) shortly after we bought the house.

My question is this: My current balances are encased in a white plastic sleeve (which became brittle and broke off bit by bit. Do yours come in white, or have a plastic white sleeves I could use? We don't want the metal sleeves showing.

Thanks!

Steve 

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0002.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0003.JPG
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:

Hello Steve,

We don't carry the plastic tube balances because they become brittle and break. Your balance system is actually our S600-34 tilt balance. The white tip nylon end is a light spring and we start our balances with red tip for a sash weight range between 12 to 30 lbs.

How to replace a tilt window spiral balance.
How to replace a tilt window spiral balance.
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Identify a Replacement Spiral Balance
How to Identify a Replacement Spiral Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to adjust a spiral balance on a tilt window
How to adjust a spiral balance on a tilt window
GUIDE
READ >
How to choose the proper spiral balance tip color
How to choose the proper spiral balance tip color
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.