Andersen Replacement Balances

A handy person from Herndon, VA says:
I have several window balances that have failed, and I would like to replace them. The windows are by Andersen. The balances are metal boxes (with coils inside) that measure 6 1/4 x 2 3/4 inches, and about 3/4 inch deep. The windows are original to the house which is about 37 years old. I can vaguely make out the following stamped in the lower right hand corner of each balance: "E7" then a space then "9" then a space then "27" and another space then "37". What is the corresponding model number?
Thanks
Paul
I just sent you a message about 5 minutes ago, but I forgot to mention that the windows are double hung, and the exposed glass on each sash is approximately 32 1/4" wide x 23 3/4" high.
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:
Hi Paul,
The needed replacement Andersen sash support is SWISCO product code 24-939, Andersen Sash Balance.
We have a couple of Andersen windows that are actually larger than the ones I previously mentioned. They are also 32 1/4" wide glass, but the glass on the top sash is about 24" high, and the bottom sash glass is 36" high. Would these windows use the same balance?
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
Best way to choose the correct replacement is to remove the existing balance box from your Andersen window. The balance box will be it the top of the window frame. There are numbers on the box that we can use to identify the exact replacement Andersen balance you need.
A quick learner from Herndon VA says:
The balance box has the following numbers:
G and then a 10, then a 31, followed by a 373.
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:
Hello,
The needed replacement Andersen sash support for your balance box stamped G 10 31 373 is SWISCO product code 24-1033, Andersen Sash Balance.
How to replace an Andersen Window Balance
How to replace an Andersen Window Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
Andersen's Narroline Sash Balances
Andersen's Narroline Sash Balances
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.