Replacement Channel Balances

A quick learner from Florida says:
What replacement part would fit an Alcan 438. It has 2620 stamped on it.
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

I am confident we can help, but Alcan windows use a few different types of channel balances. Seeing pictures, specifically of the nylon fittings on the top and bottom of the metal channel, would be best. I'll do my best to ID this balance from there. 

I hope that these pictures help! :)
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 665934497.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 665934457.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 665934486.jpg
Profile picture of Bob

That's a huge help, thanks! Based on what I see here, you have either our S380-27 or S385-27, depending on the depth of the bottom shoe. That's the only difference between them. I recommend measuring your shoe and referring to our dimensions to confirm the best match.

Comparison of the S380 and S385 balance shoes.
Comparison of the S380 and S385 balance shoes.
Thank you. And this part which I believe is separate? What part number would this be?
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG950358.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG950359.jpg
Profile picture of Bob

Sure, that's the top sash guide. Yours is a match for our 18-161.

Thank you for your help. I have now been informed by our handyman that the channel balance measures 30" long and has the number 2920 stamped on it. I assume there is a part number change that we need to make? :)
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Yes, that stamp implies that your balance is in fact 30" long, not 27". That is the only change, though. You will still need to measure your shoe to determine the right Series.

How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Repair a Jammed Window
How to Repair a Jammed Window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Top Sash Guide [1080p]
How to Replace a Top Sash Guide [1080p]
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.