Replacement Hardware for Series 70 Safe Harbor Impact Casement

A home owner from Port Aransas, Texas says:
I am looking for replacement hardware for the above mentioned casement windows. The window manufacturer is Reliabilt by Atrium. The photo attached shows the description of the windows. The windows are in my beach house in Port Aransas so I'm looking for hardware that can withstand the coastal environment. I need one left and one right swing for the larger windows, and one left and two rights for the smaller windows.
Any help you can provide would be appreciated.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

I'm afraid that the attached document does not tell me anything about the hardware used on these windows. It only gives dimensions of the sash and details about the glass, neither of which are relevant in the case of your project. 

In order to assist you, I need clear photos of the parts themselves. That's the only way we'll be able to match them up to hardware in our catalog. Ideally I'd like to see them out of the window, so that there's no obstruction, but at the very least we need to see as much of them as possible. Figure that the more obscured a part is, the more difficult it will be for us to make a recommendation.

Thank you for your response. I will provide photos as soon as I return to the beach house in a few weeks.

Please see attached photos of casement window hardware as we discussed.

Let me know if you can help.

Thank you,

Larry

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Casement Window 1.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Casement Window 2.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Casement Window 3.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Casement Window 4.jpg
Here are some additional photos
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Casement Window 5.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Casement Window 6.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Casement Window 7.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Casement Window 8.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Casement Window 9.jpg
Profile picture of Tom

Thank you! Looks like you just need new hinges. We don't sell this exact style, but we do have the 36-004-10, which is very similar in design and should still work. You just have to make sure to replace the top and bottom at the same time. You'll also note that this hinge assembly is stainless steel, so corrosion will not be an issue like it was before.

The video below will go into more detail as to how these install.

Tom, I just talked with Lester and he referred me back to you. I am prepared to order the hinges you recommend.
My questions are:
I need hinges for (2) 3' x 5' tall casement windows
and hinges for (3) 2' x 2' tall casement windows
Will it be the same size hinge for both window sizes?
Is there a right and left hinge, or does it not matter?
Larry
Profile picture of Tom

Hey, Larry. I'm not really concerned about the sash height. Sash width may be another matter, but odds are your sash widths aren't too far different to matter. Your best bet is to just measure the hinges themselves to confirm their size. The sill track should be 10" or so, which is how long ours is.

Speaking of, our 36-004-10 set is designed to work for both left and right hand windows interchangeably. The kit comes with a top and bottom hinge and you just flip them over as needed.

Thanks Tom,

I'd like to order enough sets to replace the hardware in 5 windows.

Please let me know next steps.

Larry

Profile picture of Tom

Great! All orders can be placed directly on our site at your convenience. You just have to add the product I linked to above to your cart, plus anything else you were interested in buying, and then click "checkout."

Watch How To Repair A Casement Window Crank Operator
Watch How To Repair A Casement Window Crank Operator
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.