Replacement Keeper for Arcadia 700 series

A handy person from Phoenix, AZ says:
My apartment has the old 700 series sliding glass doors by Arcadia leading out onto the balcony. Some dingbat prior tenant broke the handle on the one, removed it on the other, as well as the keeper. The levers I can find. The keeper, however, is another story. I've attached their sketch of the correct part from Arcadia's website, and yes that is in fact a bolt in the middle of the thing. It's hideous, and I can't find one. This one looks like it might serve the purpose. Has it been tried so I can at least not reinvent the wheel? What's the minimum distance apart the screws can be on this?
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
The parts for your Arcadia door are becoming harder to come by. I don't believe the 89-001 will work. It only has a "cut" on one side of the keeper hook. I believe you would need a cut on both sides of the hook. My suggestion would be to get purchase a screw at the correct length and size with a truss head. That might work as your keeper by itself, and would probably be the easiest solution.
A handy person from Phoenix, AZ says:
Therein lies the problem - the keeper is entirely missing, there are just holes in the metal frame where it used to be. I'm in an 8th floor condo, so I'm not exactly worried about intruders. But the exterior wall is all Arcadia windows with two sliding glass doors, one onto each balcony, and two sliding screen doors. Some halfwit did away with one of the keepers, broke one latch lever and removed the other, and the screen doors are pretty mangled, possibly beyond my ability to repair. Wish me luck!
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
Well, judging by the picture you sent a screw of the right size could function in the same way. It won't be pretty, but since these aren't popular anymore it may be your best bet. Good luck!
How to maintain a sliding glass door
How to maintain a sliding glass door
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.