Replacement Lock for Larson Storm Door

A handy person from Virginia says:
I recently replaced all of the door hardware in my house and changed color to black. Would like to do the same for a Larson Storm Door that currently has a brass lockset. See attached photos. Tried using Larson's QuickFit handle product, but they changed the spindle from four-sided to five-sided so I would have to replace the 'guts' of the lock as well - all for a hefty price. Based on the measurements it looks like the 40-097 in black should work. Do you know of any problems or issues using it on a Larson door?

Thanks.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG-0568.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG-0569.jpg
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:

Hello,

The 40-097 looks like it would work for your application as long as all of the dimensions match up to your original assembly. Please note that the 40-097 also comes with a mortise lock, which sounds like something you were trying to avoid. If the price of the other assembly was the main deterrent, then the 40-097 could be a good option. If you decide to give it a try and run into any issues, you can find our return policy here. Thank you! 

How to flip a storm door mortise latch.
How to flip a storm door mortise latch.
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.