Replacement Mortise Latch for Larson SD

A handy person from Fitchburg, MA says:
Will your replacement mortise latch, part #40-198 fit my Larson Storm Door. See attached pictures of the door model/serial numbers and pictures of the existing lock set.

I look forward to your reply.

Tom C.

P.S. Is the latch reversible for either a right or left swing door?
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 3332DEA6-7DCA-471C-AE29-5AC740A9CF4C.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named DDFE8860-669F-461F-B9F1-826EED84DC93.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 295C863A-3473-41A0-BEE8-197E37AA7EFA.jpeg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

The 40-198 is reversible, yes, but I'm afraid I can't confirm if it will fit in your door. That will come down to dimensions. We list detailed measurements on the 40-198 store page that you can use as a reference. You have to measure your original to confirm that they all match up.

A handy person from Fitchburg, MA says:
All of the external dimensions are identical to those shown on 40-198. I have not disassembled the lock set to verify the internal dimensions such as the depth of the mortise as well as those between the latch and the deadbolt. However, I will assume the new part will fit, so I have placed an order for part #40-198.

Thanks for your help.
How to flip a storm door mortise latch.
How to flip a storm door mortise latch.
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.