Replacement Part

A quick learner from Buffalo says:
The base is 4.25 inches. Do you stock this part?

Thank you.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 8DC1A5A2-12BE-4B86-9584-FF0574154BB4.jpeg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

We stock many casement locks similar to this, though none are exact. Ultimately I cannot identify what you have while it's still installed.

I recommend looking at our 38-095 and 38-096 to start out. Carefully compare our dimensions to yours and let me know how they compare, or how they differ.

Hi Tom,

It's Kevin again. Neither appears to be the correct part. As you will see from the attached images, my casement lock does not have the teeth coming out of it; those are part of the hinging mechanism that is attached to the window.

Ignore the holes in the side where you can see the latch (IMG-6070.jpg); we needed to drill those in order to get the mechanism to release.

Can you please see if you have this part?

Thank you,

Kevin
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG-6070.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG-6071.JPG
Profile picture of Tom

Thanks, Kevin. This looks more like our 38-091, now that I see it out. Your arm is missing though so I still can't confirm. Look this part over, too, and see what you think.

This looks like the part. Thank you.
Hi Tom,

The Rear Mount Casement Lock, 2-1/2"has been installed - works like a charm. Thank you!

38-091 : Multi-Point Sash Lock LH, 24 Series is not the correct part. Do you sell the same locking mechanism without the attached part? I have included two images of the part that the lock attaches to - this may help.

Thank you.

Kevin
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 860C758B-6710-46FC-8A68-8368279E9A1B.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 72C0AFC8-55A0-4598-83C3-729E36609085.jpeg
Profile picture of Tom

I'm sorry to hear that the 38-091 didn't work. These new photos are a huge help, though. See our 38-099 and 38-100. I think this may be the style of lock that you need.

How to Replace a Multi-Point Lock on a Casement Window [1080p]
How to Replace a Multi-Point Lock on a Casement Window [1080p]
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to open a casement window that has a broken lock
How to open a casement window that has a broken lock
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a casement window
Anatomy of a casement window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.