Replacement Part for Sliding Glass Door

A home owner from Monroe, NY says:

Good Afternoon,

The lock on my sliding glass door is not working. It appears that the lever is not catching on the part that is fixed. I did not remove the parts so I only included pictures of the installed parts. The info and numbers on the NAMI sticker which is attached to the top of the door are:

• NFRC 100/200
  • CODE: SPM
  • SPEC: NFRC
  • SERIES: 800 SGD
  • MST 62610

Please advise me as to which part(s) I need to order to fix the problem. Please do not hesitate to contact me if you have any questions.

Best regards,

Helen 

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_7492.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_7491.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_7488.jpg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Hey, Helen. This is a pretty common problem. Based on your description, the culprit could be one of two things: either the mortise lock is broken, or the thumb lever is broken.

An easy way to determine which is the case is to simply remove the handle from the door and look at the thumb lever tail. If it's in good condition (straight and whole, not twisted or broken) then there's a good chance that you just need a new mortise. To test it further, stick a screwdriver in the slot and turn it to try to flip the mortise hook manually. If it doesn't come out, then you found your problem.

Assuming that you end up needing a new mortise lock, and I think you will, then I recommend our 82-226. I am very confident that this will replace the original.

Thank you for your response. Which strike plate would I order with the 82-226?
Profile picture of Tom

That would depend on what kind of space you have available. The 82-226 is compatible with a bunch of different keepers that are all in different sizes. You can stat with the 89-020, 89-021, and 89-021D to start with, as these are the most common choices. However you should keep in mind that there are more besides these three.

I'm sorry that we could not narrow it down further.

Thank you for your quick responses. I will start with ordering 82-226.
A quick learner from CT says:
Hi, I have the similar door mentioned in this thread. Trying to bring in a larger appliance and wondering if there is a guide to remove the sliding door and reinstall it.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_4676.jpeg
Profile picture of Tom

Assuming your door is the same as what's pictured at the start of this thread, then you may find the video below to be useful. This shows how to remove both the operating and stationary panels.

Hi thank you for the response and the video. Is there a possibility that my stationary door cannot be removed? I do not have the securing bracket to the stationary door.

Thanks
Profile picture of Tom

I can't really say with certainty without seeing your door. Once again assuming that it's the same design as shown in the original photos of this thread, then it is highly unlikely that the stationary door can't be removed. 

If your door is at all different, though, then we really will need clearer photos. You may also want to consider contacting a local professional to come out and do the job for you. Removing a patio door isn't an easy job and it's better to get help than to take chances.

Similar door and label found in track. I attached pictures, but do not know the manufacturer or anything based on what I see. Cannot figure out how to remove the sliding glass door to remove and replace rollers. See attached photo of door and 2 labels found inside the track.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20230626_175652.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20230626_175804.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20230626_175809.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20230630_234205 (1).jpg
Profile picture of Tom

I'm afraid those labels don't tell me much about the door itself, but I am familiar with some of the hardware I see used on it. Unless your door is a style I have not yet encountered, the instructional video shared above should be applicable to this project, as well.

If your door functions differently, or if you are unable to follow the steps used in our video, then you may want to seek the help of a local professional.

A quick learner from Manchester ct says:
Looking for the whole frame
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 7B6A0CDD-86D2-4B4F-AD56-DC7C0563B0D3.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 5BDCB03A-7EBD-4E4B-9FBB-C6C3F9F7F5F0.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 189A98D7-6829-4A25-9C58-8845596861D6.jpeg
Profile picture of Tom

Unfortunately, we do not sell complete doors or door frames. My suggestion would be to contact the original manufacturer of the door for assistance.

A home owner from West kill ny 12492 says:
My sliders are fogged up.
How can i get this repaired.?
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 1697909224468998731176116522795.jpg
Profile picture of Tom

You will need new glass panes for this door, unfortunately. I recommend contacting a local glass shop in your area to see if this is something they can help you with.

How to Replace a Patio Sliding Glass Door Roller [1080p]
How to Replace a Patio Sliding Glass Door Roller [1080p]
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to maintain a sliding glass door
How to maintain a sliding glass door
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.