Replacement Parts Needed for Old Windows

A home owner from Pittsburgh, PA says:

Hello,

I am trying to find a couple different parts for some old windows I am trying to fix:

1. Replacement Latch (see "Window Latch 1" and "Window Latch 2" pictures)
  2. Window Lever Set (see "Window Lever Set" picture)
  3. Window Hinge - long metal piece at the bottom of the window where you can see part of it is rusted (see "Window Bar" picture")

I could not see any identifiers on the parts however I believe the windows were manufactured by Alcoa. I believe these are the original windows in the home which is in a townhouse complex so I am guessing they were mass produced at one time (probably 20-30 years ago). Is there any guidance you could give me in terms of where I could find these replacement parts?

Thanks,

Chris

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Window Bar.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Window Latch 1.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Window Latch 2.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Window Lever Set.jpeg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for reaching out to us! So, the parts you're looking for appear to be a casement window lock, a casement window operator, and a casement window hinge. The lock and operator in your second, third, and fourth photos should be something we can help with, but I've never seen anything like that hinge in your first photo. That is either very very old or very very unique. To get this, you may need to contact the original manufacturer. If not them, I have no idea where you can find that. It's a truly strange hinge. 

I'm more confident about the lock and operator. Just to be safe, though, and considering the unique nature of the hinge, I think it's best that we cover all our bases before we recommend anything. For all I know these parts are just as unique. I'd like to see a clear picture of both the lock and operator fully removed from the window so that we can see each mechanism in its entirety and without damage or obstruction from the window frame. That way we will know for sure if we can help. Let me know!

Thanks for the reply, I was able to find a solution for the other parts and now only need the latch. See attached photos, do you think this is something you would have?

Thanks,
Chris
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_6434.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_6431.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_6432.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_6433.jpg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Thank you! Your exact lock is no longer made, but I think you could use our 38-036 as a substitute. Look it over and see if you agree.

Got it, I'll give it a try. Thank you for your help.
Anatomy of a casement window
Anatomy of a casement window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.