Replacement Parts for Two Operators

A home owner from Gurnee, IL says:
Hello,

I am looking for replacement parts for two different operators.

Operator #1 is part of a casement window which came with the house which was built in 1988. I don't see any markings on the window but it is possible I didn't look in the right spot. For this operator - as you can see - I need the entire assembly and not just the crank handle.

For Operator #2 I only need a crank handle and operator cover. This window was purchased second hand and is an Eagle window with serial number MHBY890-042610-0001.

Please advise on which replacement parts are correct.

Thank you!
Aaron
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Operator1-1.png
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Operator2-2.png
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Operator2-1.png
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Operator1-2.png
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:

I agree, the cover for your first balance is very similar to our 39-107, and our 39-205 handle should work, as well.

I'm not sure about operator #2. This isn't something I'm familiar with. The 39-107 may still work, but I worry how it will interact with the sill trim. I'm sorry that we can't offer a better option.

I already have the crank handle and cover for operator #1, so that's not needed. The crank mechanism inside the window is broken, which results in the crank coming unscrewed rather than closing the window. So I assume I need an entire replacement assembly mechanism. Can you tell me which part should work as a replacement?

Regarding the cover for operator #2, I'll keep looking. Thanks!

Ah, you're right. I apologize for missing that. I'm afraid we can't tell what it is just by the base. We'd have to see the style of the arms that physically push and pull the window open and close. The base I see in your photos is the same on about a half dozen different parts. The arms are what differentiate them. Let me know!

Sorry for the delay. I was able to find the replacement crank handle and operator cover direct from Andersen. It appears to be a very rare part.

As for Operator #1, please see the attached photos and let me know if they are good enough. Again, I just need the base unit because the crank mechanism is stripped out, resulting in the handle coming unscrewed when trying to open the window. Thanks!!
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_20190930_092429.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_20190930_092414.jpg

Awesome, I'm glad you found the Andersen operator you needed!

As for operator #1, see our 39-031 and 39-032. I am pretty confident these are what you have, but I recommend reviewing our dimensions just to be 100% sure.

Watch How To Repair A Casement Window Crank Operator
Watch How To Repair A Casement Window Crank Operator
VIDEO
WATCH >
Connecting a casement window operator to stud bracket
Connecting a casement window operator to stud bracket
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Orient a Dual-Arm Operator
How to Orient a Dual-Arm Operator
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a casement window
Anatomy of a casement window
VIDEO
WATCH >
SWISCO Window Operator Crank Handles
SWISCO Window Operator Crank Handles
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a 2-Bar Hinge Set on a Casement Window
How to Replace a 2-Bar Hinge Set on a Casement Window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to identify casement and awning operators
How to identify casement and awning operators
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.