Replacement Patio Glass Door Handle

A quick learner from New Jersey says:
Hi,
I need to replace my original patio glass door handle with a recessed model. I want to install a pull down shade but my current handle sticks out too much. My measurements are 3 15/16" center to center. I was looking at your model #82-076 but the holes are not the correct size. Can you suggest something? The current handle is about 25 years old.

Thank you,
Bruce
User submitted image of their window hardware.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting. Unfortunately, I don't believe you can convert your door to use a recessed handle type. The space cut out for the current handle is done at the factory when making the door, and you likely will not be able to alter it without running into many problems. I'm afraid some doors simply cannot work with the kind of shades you have in mind.
How to maintain a sliding glass door
How to maintain a sliding glass door
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.