Replacement Pivot Assembly

A handy person from Norristown LPA says:
The coil springs broke on these two balances used on a triple pane replacement window. The windows were installed before we purchased the house 11 years ago. No information was provided on the manufacturer of these windows which are installed throughout the house (25 windows) nor are there any markings/stickers on the windows.

It looks like the S 161 coil assembly would be the correct replacement except for the slotted pivot bar/receiver. The slotted receiver looks to have a "5" marking. Do you know the window manufacturer that used this assembly and can you help with selecting the correct replacements? I have some windows with double coil units that I will need to tackle next. Thanks. Larry
Profile picture of Emily
Emily from SWISCO responded:

Hello there, Larry.

Thank you for reaching out to us. I'm afraid we can't make a recommendation without photos. Can you remove an undamaged pivot shoe from the window and show us? That would be the best way for us to help. 

Emily, attached is a photo of the balance units. Appreciate your response. Larry
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 6F382A39-9BA6-47B5-BD3B-CB3BC4D08E37.jpeg
Profile picture of Emily

Thanks for the photos! This is a huge help. Our 15-087 pivot shoe looks like a match for what you have. Review the specifications and see how they compare with your old hardware. Our pivot shoe is designed to use the Series 180 coil springs. To determine the appropriate coil spring weights, you will have to divide the sash weight by the total number of springs in the window.

If you have any questions just let me know!

Detail of 15-087
Detail of 15-087

Emily, thanks. They look like a good match and I ordrered the two I needed. Do you know which manufacturer used this type of coil spring with the slot. I have some possible warranty issues with fogging glass but as I said the windows do not have any manufacturer stickers on them. Thanks.
Profile picture of Emily

I'm afraid this is a generic part that's used on a variety of different window brands. However, our recommendation would be to contact a local glass shop. They should be able to supply you with new glass. 

How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.