Replacement Pivot Bar

A home owner from Des Moines, IA says:
I have 6 vinyl replacement windows that were installed 6 years ago and over the last three years 4 have failed; they no longer pivot inward for cleaning. The culprit appears to be cheap steel used in the pivot bars which then snap.

The only information regarding a manufacturer I could find appears inside the glass panels which may only be the glass maker and not the actual company that assembled the window. That is AWC-MW.

Attached are pictures of one the broken pivot bars.

Do you have a replacement bar that will work?
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Length of Bar.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Width of Head.jpeg
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for writing in. Start by looking at our 26-226. The overall length of the pivot bar doesn't matter; the real key is to see if the distance between the center of your old pivot bar's mounting hole and the tip that fits into the pivot shoe is equal to the same such measurement for at least one of the mounting holes on the 26-226. It's hard for me to tell from pictures alone, but I believe this dimension for your old pivot bar might be 1-3/8", which aligns with the first mounting hole on the 26-226. But look it over and see what you think. 

How to replace a window pivot bar
How to replace a window pivot bar
VIDEO
WATCH >
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.