Replacement Sash Support Andersen Window Balances

A home owner from North East, USA says:

Hi Good morning, my window strings on both side are broken, I was told that we need to replace the Sash Support Andersen Window Balances which on top of the window. However I am not sure which Andersen Window Balances model is good for my window. 

I would like to have the Andersen Window Balances handy when we remove the windows, otherwise I will need to put those back and wait for the part to come in and remove the windows again. IMG_2482 is the other good window as reference. Those windows are actually tight/hard to open and close as well.

Thanks, Thomas

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_2476.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_2482.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_2477.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_2481.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_2485.jpg
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:

Hello,

We'd be happy to help but, unfortunately, it is not possible to identify your Andersen sash balance with it still installed since there are numbers etched on the balance box that we need to compare to our replacement options here. Thank you. 

A home owner from North East, USA says:
I finally be able to take a pictures of the balance box

Can you advise what the optional replacement balance box I should purchase ?
Also should I buy the lubricant for the string as some of the windows are hard to open and close. Please advice as well.

Thanks a lot.
Thomas
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 44A22B13-8B3A-4537-900E-6A0A3A5B30E9.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 3273851E-9167-45B0-9C82-867034FED73A.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named E0D44CA8-6BF8-4212-B8A1-A50F76F46A48.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named B670DF36-7F96-43F0-98B7-67A6A39D46A9.jpeg
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:

The key stamp here appears to be "12#27." For this stamp, recommend our 24-1231 Andersen sash balance. These are the same for both the right and left-hand sides of the window. 

Unfortunately, there is no way to lubricate the pulleys of these balances. If the windows are using the original hardware, the balances may be getting close to needing to be replaced. Thanks for posting. 

How to replace an Andersen Window Balance
How to replace an Andersen Window Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
Andersen's Narroline Sash Balances
Andersen's Narroline Sash Balances
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.