Replacement Sash Support Block and Tackle Rods

A quick learner says:

Hi

I purchased S860-28 and 1 1/4" shoe had hard time with them but working ok.

But I would like to purchase S850 1 1/4" width shoe after watching the video its so much easier to install, it does not come in 28" so what size should i by 26 1/2" or 30 1/2"

Thank you

Sal.

Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Hi, Sal! The Series 850 and Series 860 currently being discontinued. The 28-1/2" length was one of the first to fall. You can use a SWISCO trick to substitute a different balance, though. We definitely don't recommend the Series 85-.

Replace your crossbow balance with an S775-28 and weigh your window sash to choose a proper weight option. That's all it takes!

A final note about a rare situation: if your old balance has a hook that hooks into the window frame, buy 26-200 to plug the hole and hold the new balance, which attaches with a screw instead of a hook.

Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Hello! If you look at Mike's post earlier in this thread, you'll see that he recommends our S775-28. It's a 1:1 replacement, so no extra hardware needed. The only additional step you need to take is to weigh your sash on a scale to confirm the best S775-28 option.

A home owner from Monroe, NC says:
Hi,
I purchased several S860-28 last summer and I need to finish the rest of my windows. I am greatly disappointed that they appear to not exist.

What do you recommend?
How to install a S775 balance
How to install a S775 balance
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.