Replacement Spiral Balance & Accessories

A quick learner from Pickerington Ohio says:
I am in need of some parts to repair my Gapco windows. I need Spiral Balances, Tilt Latches, and 'Trim' (I'm not sure what this is called, so am calling it Trim until you correct me). Also, I have not been able to remove the 'Trim' so it is unclear to me how or if I can replace this if you have it. All of the Balances are the same length, 29" from the mounting hole to the middle of the pins on the spiral (shown in photo). Please let me know if you carry these and how/if I can replace the 'trim'. I need 10 balances and 5 Tilt latches (assuming they come in pairs, Left and Right).
Thank you!
Greg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named window 2.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named window 3.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named window bal 1.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named window catch.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named window trim.jpg
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Hey Greg. The other critical dimension with these tilt window spiral balances is the diameter of the outer tube. Understandably it's going to be difficult to obtain that diameter in your case, as the outer tube is very frayed. If it's 5/8" however, then I think you have the S600-29. This features a Blue Tip option, which is what you require. Let me know what you think.

For your tilt latches, start by reviewing our 26-078 and 26-079. Again, this looks similar, but see if the dimensions match up. 

The seal you show is called glazing bead. You will need to work out a sample, perhaps with some needle-nosed pliers, and show us the 'end profile'. It is likely brittle, but do your very best. In the time being you can view our selection here.

A quick learner from Pickerington Ohio says:
Thanks Bob, this is very helpful! Some of the Outer Tubes on the Spiral Balances are intact, so I will measure one. I will also measure the Tilt Latches to see if they match the dimensions you provided for the 26-078 and 26-079.
I will also try to get the glazing bead out. I had no success when I tried prior, but seeing the shape of the bead in the data you sent me gives me a better understanding of how they are captured and a fighting chance. I'll send the new measurements tonight.
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Great. Get back to us when you can, and we'll do our best to size up everything you need. Thanks.

How to replace a tilt window spiral balance.
How to replace a tilt window spiral balance.
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Identify a Replacement Spiral Balance
How to Identify a Replacement Spiral Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
Replace an Internal Latch with a Surface Mounted Latch [1080p]
Replace an Internal Latch with a Surface Mounted Latch [1080p]
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to choose the proper spiral balance tip color
How to choose the proper spiral balance tip color
GUIDE
READ >
How to adjust a spiral balance on a tilt window
How to adjust a spiral balance on a tilt window
GUIDE
READ >
Styles of Tilt Window Latches
Styles of Tilt Window Latches
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.