Replacement Top Rollers For Sliding Mirror Doors

A home owner from Thibodaux, Louisiana says:
I'm looking for replacement rollers for my sliding closet doors. Some of the rubber has come off of the wheels. I contacted Renin who manufactured the door in 2015 and they can't help me find a replacement. They say this part is obsolete. I've searched the internet thoroughly for anything that might look similar, but have had no luck. Please help me.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 0783D7BE-8546-43EF-A9D7-822FC6F457DC.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 21BBA035-91A9-4F93-B4D7-C29A1AC2CF02.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 5AAFD898-C622-4FBD-9A3F-84455A9A316A.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named F1ABB32C-FE50-4AAB-A9BA-7FCE170C7EAB.jpeg
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:

Your top closet door roller looks like it was part of a whole guide that has broken off. Could you confirm that this roller guide was part of a whole guide? If so, then it looks like you may be able to use something like our 23-222B. Take a look and see if this will work. 

No sir, the roller is not part of a whole guide. There are two doors with two rollers on the top of each door. Although the one that you are suggesting was the one that I found that might work. Can you confirm for me if one face of the assembly is flat enough that it will be able to be screwed to the inside of the door without any problem? It would be the side that is not visible in the pictures on your site.

Thank you, Rick J.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Hey, Rick. I'm afraid I couldn't find anything closer. Most rollers they make in this style come in assemblies like the 23-222B. The reason they do this is because a double-housing assembly allows you to adjust the roller, and by effect the door, to make installation easier. That said, your door looks like it's relatively thin wood. They probably didn't put as much thought into it.

The 23-222B may very well work but I can't predict how it will interact with your door. I've never personally worked on a door like yours before. Even just eyeballing your photos, I'm not optimistic that it will be a smooth fit. There's a good chance you'd have to dremel out some room for it, but then again it may not be necessary at all.

Sorry we couldn't give you a better suggestion! 

I think I'm going to order a couple of your recommended rollers and try to make them fit. If I can, I'll order 2 more for the other door..

Thank you for your help with this. I'll let you know how it goes, if I can reply to this same thread.

Thanks, Rick J.
Profile picture of Tom

Awesome! Thank you very much for taking a chance and ordering from us. Please let us know how it works out, we'd love an update.

If the new rollers don't work, you can always return them for a refund. See our return policy here.

Tom, I received the replacement rollers from Swisco this afternoon. To my amazement, all I had to do was to grind one rivet off of the assembly and I had the exact same roller that I needed to replace. See the attached photos. The one on the far right is my original roller, the one in the middle is the one I ground off of the assembly. So I'll go ahead and order 2 more for my other door. Thanks, Rick J.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 2DC7F4A1-8C24-45C7-A62F-D0B452E4A7B4.jpeg
Profile picture of Tom

That's fantastic news! I'm very happy you were able to get it to work. I'm certain this will help other customers (and myself, personally) in the future. 

Thanks again for buying from us. If you need anything in the future, you know where to find us.

Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.