Replacement Tracks and Hardware for metal bi-fold doors dating back to mid-1970's

A handy person from PA says:
I sent an email inquiry earlier this morning.
Attached are two photos that I took of the top and bottom ends of the bi-fold door set, without the hardware in place.

Can you discern whether your hardware will fit on these doors, please? I would much prefer to make these doors work, rather than buying new ones that are much shorter (requiring a bulkhead to be constructed) and are much simpler in detailing that may pose an eyesore with others on the same floor of the house.

I would be willing to purchase both tracks and all pins, plungers, etc. so everything works as intended, instead of mixing and matching old and new parts.

I have at least a dozen more similar sets of bi-fold doors in the home - all full height floor to ceiling, at all closets.

Similar height replacements are outrageous custom orders at typical building supply stores that send the cost from $100 to over $300 per set.

I'd be willing to cut and fit-on additional steel plates to make your hardware work, if necessary.

The plastic piece in the photo appeared similar to one of your products, which makes me optimistic that something should be able to work.

Thanks again,
John
User submitted image of their closet hardware.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting, John. I believe that you have the old Slimfold closest door. See our 21-001 bottom threaded pivot pin and 21-007 guide pins. The pivot block they used was like our 21-200. It also looks like you have a steel track and we carry a variety of the aluminum tracks that might work for your doors if you need to replace. I've made a list on the right side of this page you can use as reference.
A handy person from Phila. says:
I need hardware for vintage aluminum bifold doors 3 sets
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for writing in. I am sure we can help you locate some replacement hardware. Before we start, could you describe what kind of parts you are looking for? And, are you able to send us some photos of the parts you are looking to have replaced? This will help us identify what type of hardware to search for.

A contractor from Phila. Pa. 19128 says:
I need all hardware for 6 doors each 12 " wide. Top and bottom of doors. Im taking off all old hardware.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:

We need photos of the doors, and dimensions of the parts in question, to help you with the door hardware. There are many closet door companies using different hardware, and we need to see yours to match it as closely as we can. From there we will do our best to find what you need. Many thanks.

A home owner from Albany New York says:
OMG! You have ALL the parts I need for a bifold door using Paniflex parts. I'll be ordering tomorrow. I'm trying to sell a condo and the closet doors are my biggest issue until I found your store. THANK YOU!
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

I'm sorry to say that your photos didn't come through. Would it be possible for you to try resubmitting them for my review?

That said, it sounds like you may not have much to show us since you threw out your track and hardware. Please note that if we can't see the original hardware, there's no way for me to verify which of our products will work for you, or even if any could. A direct reference of the original hardware is necessary, unfortunately, so if you can't provide that then this is not something we can verify for you.

How to Install Bi-Fold Closet Door Pins
How to Install Bi-Fold Closet Door Pins
VIDEO
WATCH >
Bi-fold Door Repairs
Bi-fold Door Repairs
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.