Replacement Weathervane cranks and locks

A home owner from Seattle, WA says:

Hi,

I'm looking to replace these dated locks and cranks with something more modern. My husband will be replacing and is quite handy - I'm the leg work :).

Rachel

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 17989CEA-F1B3-468B-BD9E-1F0807A21A94.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 4D00C5E4-05F4-47E3-A34E-D110E989F505.jpeg
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Hey Rachel. Glad to help you. The sash lock might be an older version of the 38-097 and 38-098, so look them over to compare. You will need to use a new, modern keeper with these locks: see our 38-079. As far as the casement operator goes, I'm afraid we need to see the entire operator, including the link arm(s), either out of the window or at least with the window open. A bird's eye perspective is best. From there we'll do our best to narrow down what you need. 

For details on removing and replacing casement window operators, see the video below.

A home owner from Seattle, WA says:
I was hoping this sash lock would work that is lower profile. https://www.swisco.com/low-profile-sash-lock/pd/Locks-for-Awning_Casement_Hopper-Windows/38-075

I will work on getting you a crank photo. I was hoping I could just replace the handle and cover as the operator is in good shape (surprisingly with the age!)

thanks!
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

We wish it was that easy. We will wait for your photo and go from there. Thank you. 

Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)