Replacement balance

A home owner from Central Oregon (Bend/Redmond) says:

Hello,

I want to make sure I order the right parts! These are pics of the 2 balances I need. I do know the longer one is 15" in length (just the metal) and 1/2" wide. The smaller one I didn't measure but at least the numbers are clear. I need a pair of each. Not sure my brand of windows but they're double paned and don't tilt out. Thanks, Neil 

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named balance 2.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named balance 3.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named balance 4.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named balance 1.jpg
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:

Hello Neil. Take a look at both our S380-15 and S385-15 channel balance. Both of these balances look exactly the same, with the exception of the depth measurement of the bottom balance shoe. The depth measurement of the bottom balance shoe for the Series 380 is 1" and for the Series 385 is 1-3/32". Measure the depth of your bottom shoe, like in the diagram below to determine which balance is the best match. Whichever one chosen will go with a 1420 option. Your other stamping is hard to read, so if you can get back to us with those numbers, that would be a huge help. Thank you.

Close up of the S385 balance bottom.

A home owner from Central Oregon (Bend/Redmond) says:
Right, the depth measurement is 1 3/32"! The numbers from what I can read are: 66 14-6 CB5 CMC 1200. Really appreciate this! Neil
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:

Great! Thank you so much. In that case, you'll want an S385-15 in each case. Now that I'm reviewing your photos, you'll want a 1420 for one, like I mentioned, but a 1460 option for the other. 

Two balances with a 1420 option can carry 6 through 10 pounds, while two balances with a 1460 option can carry 17 through 20 pounds. You can always weigh your sashes on a scale to confirm that this information conforms to your windows.

Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)