Replacement block and chain balance for windows

A handy person from Kerrville, TX says:
Cannot find the manufacturer on any of the window in the house. They were here when we purchased it. But i need to fix the extended channel balances on a few but before I got too deep was wanting to know the cost of these replacement. For now, I just need 2 to fix a window we frequently use. I then plan on making a project out of fixing all the broken springs, torn nylon strings...as there are plenty but all different sizes and I just dont have a list ready to go. But it all depends on how much you charge for a couple of these shipped to 78028, if you even have them.

They are 28" without attachments, upper is winged for 1" width lower is not. The only makring on these is "1 274000HN" which I am assuming is possibly a 27-4?
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Stamped_1_274000HN.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Upper_Winged_Side.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Upper_Winged_Top.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Lower_Hook_End_Top.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Stamp_1_274000HN.jpg
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:

Hello,

I believe you have a discontinued Capitol window. We can provide the balances that you need but they will need to be custom-made 28" balance channels with the 19-024 top fitting and 15-095 bottom fitting. The spring weight will be (2740).

We just sent over an order link and price quote for you to review. Take a look and let us know if you need anything else. Thank you!

A handy person from Kerrville, TX says:
Thanks,

I just ordered four (4) might as well replace both windows with new hardware. I will have to attach the alarm magnetic sensors as they have come undone on both windows. That side face the sun, and melted the silicone they used many years ago. They were just siliconed to the balance shoe.

I tried a cheap replacement from Amazon, and they sucked! Especially without the proper upper and lowes it just wiggled. It opened and closed, but wont last long. Those are going back...lol

Thanks again for your help. When I have time, I need to check ALL the windows and will likely be back with different sizes and if these work out, I will be one happy guy. Have a great weekend and I will say SWISCO popped up first on EVERY search engine no matter how I worded them. Replacement window sliders, channel balance, blocka nd chain channel balance....every time y'all were on the first page.
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:

Great, just let us know if you have any other questions once your order arrives or when you're ready to purchase more balances for the rest of the house! 

How to Replace a Channel Balance Attachment
How to Replace a Channel Balance Attachment
VIDEO
WATCH >
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.