Replacement casement window operator?

A handy person from Massachusetts says:

I am looking for a replacement Window Dyad crank operator with a 5" hole center and a 4.5" arm. I ordered SWISCO product 39-090 which was much too large to close. I am returning them now. But before I reorder I was hoping for some confirmation on these two questions.
1. will SWISCO p/n 39-188 work? (see attached picture of existing operator)
2. I am questioning the operator left or right is correct. My existing operator is definitely a right, by definition, and has worked but from the crank location (see window photo) should a left operator?

Thanks in advance for your help
A user submitted image of crank operator
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting, Carmen. What you have looks closer to our 39-118 than it does to our 39-090. I think that the 39-188 would be our closest match.

It's hard to identify what the left or right side is, however. It depends on the part; some say that the left side is when the window opens to the left, while others say that its what position the operator takes. It is arbitrary from part to part, and so we try to keep things general. The best way to find the correct part number for your operator is to compare it to the images we have on our site.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 4-7 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at 856-317-6263 or at