Replacement channel balances

A home owner from Las Vegas, NV says:

Hi. I need replacement block and tackle channel window balances for my side load sash, single hung window. The string broke so I think it makes sense to replace the entire channel balance instead of replacing some of the internal parts. Hopefully you can tell from my images, but what part do I need? How much? 

How much for shipping to zip code 89138. 

What does the stamp mean? I think 26 is the length, 4 is the weight, and CMC is the brand. I don't know what AW before the CMC and 2 after the CMC mean? Is this a project that a regular person can do? Can you refer me to a video? 

Thank you for your help. Richard 

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 117A0237-DA2B-406F-8A67-47B7B78466C0_1_201_a.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 03283C49-5818-4C05-8FEC-6057BF7EC44E_1_201_a.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named BE924C72-B5C9-4E65-927E-0C3A17EB2173_1_201_a.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 007D13F1-B9FE-4FD9-AF7E-6C238AD2270F_1_201_a.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named F915287B-075D-46C0-8A31-0AF2395C8D9D.jpeg
Profile picture of Emily
Emily from SWISCO responded:

Hi, Richard.

It appears you have either our S380-27 or S385-27 channel balance. I know they look almost the same but the important difference and determining factor is the depth of the bottom shoe. Our Series 380 comes attached with a 1" deep shoe, while the Series 385 comes attached with a 1-3/32" deep shoe. You'll have to measure as shown in the image below to determine the best replacement option. 

The stamp on the metal channel represents the weight range your balance is calibrated to support. Yours is 26 4 which means you'd want the 2640 spring strength option for a sash weighing 19 to 26 pounds.

Pricing for our balances can be found on their respective product pages and shipping will be calculated at checkout. I've also posted a video below that will walk you through the replacement process, step by step. Let me know if this helps or if you had any questions!

Comparison of the S380 and S385 balance shoes.
Comparison of the S380 and S385 balance shoes.

Your reply was very helpful. I just ordered the parts. Thank you for providing good customer service.
Profile picture of Emily

It was my pleasure to help! And thank you for your order; we really appreciate it. Good luck with the repair and let me know if I can be of further assistance! 

It took me a couple of weeks to get around to this project, but I just finished it. Super easy. Was done in about 10 minutes. No issues. Works perfectly. The video made all the difference. Thanks again. Should I need your products or services again, I will not hesitate to use Swisco.
Profile picture of Emily

That's great news! Thank you so much for the update.

If you ever needed anything in the future, you know where to find us.

How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Repair a Jammed Window
How to Repair a Jammed Window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
GUIDE
READ >
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.