Replacement channel balances, top guides, and locks

A handy person from West Bend, WI says:
I would appreciate any help identifying the correct replacements for the pictured parts.

The only markings I can find on the channel balances say 24C BSI VA.

I can provide additional photos, if needed.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20180413_195226.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20180413_194840.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20180413_194448.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20180413_194351.jpg
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:

I am having a little trouble reading the dimensions on your hardware. That said could we have you look at a list we placed on this page? This list contains parts that could possibly work for your window. Look over each one carefully and see if they should match up with yours. 

Dear Paul,

Thank you for getting back to me. I am sorry that the images are not clear.

I think the width and the depth of the lock are correct. The distance between the screw holes on my lock appears to be 13/16", as opposed to the 7/8" on yours, but I am willing to give it a try, if you don't have a lock that is an exact match. Do you have the lock in a dark / black finish?

The top guide appears to be the wrong height. The one I have has a distance of 7/8" from the top to the middle of the screw hole, whereas the measurement on your 18-115 is 1-1/8" The overall height on mine is 1-3/8", compared to 1-13/16" on yours. The depth is 1/2" on mine, 11/16" on yours. The width on mine is 11/16" vs. 7/8" on yours.

25" is the correct length for the spring balance. The depth of the shoe on mine is 5/8", yours is 3/4. I don't have a picture that shows the width of the shoe and top, and I do not have the hardware with me right now. I will have to check that measurement later.
Profile picture of Paul

Thanks for getting back to us! Unfortunately, our 90-020 only comes in bright aluminum. As for the top sash guide, I meant to list our 18-036. That was my mistake. Look it over and tell me what you think. 

Assuming your metal channel is 3/8" wide, I think our S800-25 balance should work for you. I can't find a shoe that is 5/8" in depth for this balance, though. As far as I know they only ever made it in the size we show. 

Profile picture of Paul

Hi, good to hear from you again! We love hearing when our recommendations work out. Enjoy the newly repaired windows!

I am the one who asked the original question on this thread. Just wanted to let you know that I just finished installing the hardware I ordered, and it all fits perfectly. The windows are again working as they should.

Thank you very much for your help.

JA
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Repair a Jammed Window
How to Repair a Jammed Window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Top Sash Guide [1080p]
How to Replace a Top Sash Guide [1080p]
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
GUIDE
READ >
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.