Replacement channel counter balance

A home owner from California says:
Ink stamped 26 4 CMC 7

Channel 1/2 wide x 1/2 deep

Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

I'm afraid this information doesn't tell me what you have. That stamp isn't a product code. I see you were looking at our S385-26, though. This comes with a 19-005 top and 15-004 bottom nylon fitting. Do these match your existing nylon fittings? If so, then this is the replacement you want.

Trying to add photos but dead end when I select "Add Photo"

The metal channel is 27" long. The nylon piece sticks extends beyond the end of the channel about 1/4 inch on the pulley side. The nylon piece on the spring end extends about 3/4 of an inch beyond the other end of the channel.

The end parts referenced are close but shapes slightly different. The dimensions are very close. But I am looking at an assembled part.

Profile picture of Tom

I'm afraid without photos, we cannot confirm what you have. I recommend watching the video below. This should clarify the important details to consider.

Hope these help identify the part. Thank you.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named image.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0065.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0066.JPG
Profile picture of Tom

It does indeed. Now that I see your balance, I think our S385-7 is a great option. I would just confirm that the depth of your shoe is the same as it is on ours.

Close up of the S385 balance bottom.
It looks like mine is between 1 1/16 and 1 3/32. With my tape measure I call it a fat 1/16th. My guess is 1 3/32 will work fine. Was the picture with the tape measure enough to get the length correct? I also provide length details earlier in the thread. Thanks again. I'm planning to order 2 of these for the window.
you wrote S385-7 for the part number. Did you mean S385-27?
The -27 is correct.

I went to order it it makes me select an option. These are 4 digit options which I am guessing has something to do with capacity?

Suggestion for the option code I should use?

Thank you.
Profile picture of Tom

You will go with the 2640 to be used in place of your stamping of "26 4."

Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)