Replacement crank mechanism

A quick learner from Intelochen, MI says:
I need to replace the part being discussed on Swisco. I ordered the same part in 2009 from BestBuilt Windows. They are not available by telephone.

The crank handle has popped, and I guess I need to replace the whole mechanism. The part number on the invoice was 40001000. The number under the handle is 45012. U.S. Pat. is 4,083,264.

Can you tell me where to order this mechanism?

Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting! The stamp on the handle makes me think you may have something like our 39-114L or 39-205 crank handles. Do either of those look like a match?

That doesn't really help me determine the mechanism that you need, though. Could you perhaps remove the operator from the window and take a few pictures of it? Seeing pictures of the whole unit may help us find a possible replacement.
A quick learner from Michigan says:
Here is an image of the entire crank mechanism. The post that the crank attaches to pulls out of the gearing when cranking the window closed. We need the entire mechanism replaced. There is a number on the plate that is 40471. The last time we purchased one it came as the plate, the gearing and the arms that connect to the window itself. We can re-use the crank handle we have if needed.
A customer submitted image of a window operator.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thanks! That's a great picture. I think you should look at our 39-032 & 39-031 EntryGard Dual-Arm Operators. Do these appear to match your hardware? Make sure to compare their dimensions.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)