Replacement cranks needed - very old

A home owner from Penn Yan, NY says:

I am in need of 3 left and 3 right of the cranks shown. The housing is 2-1/2" from front to back (I had a photo, but your system limited me to 5 uploads). Can you help me? Thanks.

Russ

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Fisher-1.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Fisher-2.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Fisher-3.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Fisher-4.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Fisher-5.jpg
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Looks like you have an older Andersen operator from back in the 60's, or even older. This part is no longer made but see if you can use our 39-366 operator with as a replacement. If so, you will also need the 39-114L handle.

Hi Bob,
Thanks for getting back to me. Do you have a technical drawing for the 39-366 showing all housing dimensions? The molding is mortised to receive the existing cranks and I'd like to have a better idea about the fit. Do you think I will need replacement track as well? Thanks,

Russ
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

See the image below for further dimensions of the 39-366 's base. Unfortunately, you likely will have to modify the sill in some way to fit this new operator in; I can't say for sure, but it's pretty common when replacing these older assemblies. It would be best to replace the track as well--see our 39-520

39-366extra
Hi Bob,
I ordered the cranks you recommended and with some significant modification, was able to make them work - and they work great!

It's somewhat difficult to tell from the photos I uploaded, but my old crank arms have an offset DOWN. I see that you only have one offset crank and it is bent UP. Sooooo, I carefully bent an offset into the cranks I ordered, widened the mortise in the molding and they worked. I used my original track because it has an "S" shaped profile and you didn't have anything to match. I did have to flatten the stop-dimple because your cranks are 1/2" longer.

It was some work, but still ess than replacing all our windows! Thanks so much for your help.

Regards,
Russ
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 4-7 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.