Replacement Forever View door handle

Quick Learner from Easton pa
Jul 1, 2019 10:48 am
Hello,

I am looking to replace a storm door handle. Do you have a replacement for this forever view storm door handle?

Thank you,
Heather
D1C67D9C-BB7D-450F-B0EC-B4CCFBDE29B0 6CE6009D-55FB-4FFA-9F46-A09E45646BF6 EB6CBD80-C633-4FCD-B9E6-2E8FDCD23D34
3 user uploaded images
3 Replies
Tom
Tom from SWISCO
Jul 8, 2019 11:06 am
SWISCO
EXPERT

I'm afraid we don't have an exact match for this inside handle, but I feel confident that our 40-150 can be used as a substitute. Look over our pictures and information and let me know what you think. 

Quick Learner from Easton pa
Jul 15, 2019 10:00 am
That Handle that you are suggesting looks nothing like the one that is currently on the door. Are you sure that will work?
Tom
Tom from SWISCO
Jul 15, 2019 10:49 am
SWISCO
EXPERT

Appearance doesn't matter that much. When it comes to storm door handles, what you really need to focus on is size. As long as the hole spacing and spindle size match up, you should be okay. The 40-150 has a hole spacing of 1-3/4", center-to-center, and can actually accept two different spindle sizes: 5/16" and 3/16".

If your dimensions differ in any way, let me know.

The only other issue you may run into is that our handle may not be tall enough to reach the keeper, but that's easy enough to fix. You could purchase some shims at a local hardware store to pack it out.

Products and resources found in this discussion
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.
Need help identifying your part?
Send a photo or description to our Parts Experts!
Identify Your Part
SWISCO Part Experts