Replacement door hanger part

A home owner from Mountain View, CA says:
I am looking for replacement door hangers for my mirrored, sliding closet doors. The nylon slide has broken off of multiple door hangers. I have included pictures of the door hangers, as well as the broken nylon piece. I've also included the only label I could find on the door. The only marking on the hanger was the number "4012".

Thank you for your help!
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 705583CA-31C2-42FE-AFBF-7040A1C780BC.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 4374D9D9-8547-47DF-8F63-1D42E55E6255.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named B4E62434-CAA1-4673-9A36-6679FA07E1C4.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 7CA32A04-57F8-44B5-A58C-8E9D942246EC.jpeg
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:

Hello,

The company ACME was bought out by Stanley. When this happened your part was discontinued and later discontinued its replacement. We now recommend using our 23-196 top roller assembly. This does not have a spring-loaded guide, but rather a screw adjustment wheel. This means, there's a strong chance you may have to adjust it a few times in order to have the doors slide smoothly. Take a look and see what you think. 

Hello Casey - thank you for the quick response! I'd be willing to give pn 23-196 a try. Do yo happen to have any instructions on how to install it? And do you think this part would require me to change the roller guides on the bottom of the door or can I substitute the door hangers and leave the rest of the hardware as-is? Thank you and happy new year!
Profile picture of Casey

We don't have instructions on replacing these rollers but, essentially, you need to put the door flat on a stable surface, manipulate the original roller out of the frame with a putty knife or slotted screwdriver, and push the new one into place. Then, you'll reinstall the door at an angle so that the wheel engages with the track. 

As long as the bottom guides are in good shape, I see no reason to replace them. Thank you. 

Awesome! Thank you for your help! I'll order the parts this week and try them out!
A home owner from Akron OH says:
I am looking for parts similar to the one mentioned in this post. Top and bottoms rollers: acme parts numbers 4043-1 (bottom) and 4043-2 (top).

Any help would be appreciated- people at hardware stores have looked at me like I'm crazy. Thanks!
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 4E42C410-0D42-4B26-86CC-F8CF252CBBF3.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named C40BBB99-75E8-404F-8236-50A83D6AB765.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named C6E82ABF-FFB6-4AD6-B117-31FBBB5D8DCE.jpeg
Profile picture of Casey

Your acme roller reminds me of the one shown in another customer's post here, where we would generally recommend the 23-220 bottom guide and 23-069 top rollers as possible replacements. Take a look and see if you think that these parts might work for you as well.  

Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.