Replacement dual arm operator

Handy Person from Seattle
May 23, 2024 4:16 pm
The window is Milguard from about 1995.
The top of the long arm is stamped with "Entry Gard TRUTH"
The bottom of the long arm is stamped "30757LH"
The shorter angled arm is stamped "30851"
The shorter straight arm (attached to the angled arm) is stamped "20312"

It looks like the spiral gear on the handle crank is worn down, but it appears from my uneducated observation that the entire mechanism needs to be replaced.

Can you tell me what I need to order to repair this window?
PXL_20230828_001823389 PXL_20230822_214015431 PXL_20230828_001818733
3 user uploaded images
3 Replies
Bob
Bob from SWISCO
May 23, 2024 9:34 pm
SWISCO
EXPERT

Thanks for posting. This looks like it might be the 39-031 EntryGard Dual Arm Operator. Just make sure the dimensions listed below match what you have. Let me know if anything differs in any way. For a new cover and handle, see the 39-114L and 39-107, sold separately.

Dimensions for 39-032
Dimensions for 39-032

Handy Person from Seattle
Jun 13, 2024 6:17 pm
The long arm measures 8-7/8" from the end of the arm to the center screw on the mounting plate. (My measurement may be off by 1/16" because it was difficult to measure with the operator in place.). The short arm measures 4-7/16". The left gear rotates clockwise as the window is opened.

Hopefully this is enough information to identify the correct operator.
Bob
Bob from SWISCO
Jun 14, 2024 8:11 am
SWISCO
EXPERT

I've never seen a version of this operator with an arm as short as 8-7/8". I would highly recommend double checking that; make sure that you disconnect the long arm from the track before you measure. It's not possible to get an accurate measurement with it still in place, so that's something you have to do before you take down any dimensions.

The short am appears to be the same size as the product I recommended, so as long as the long arm is the right size then you should be good to go. You just have to confirm. If you are positive that it's under 9" then this is not a size that we have, or indeed a size I've ever seen. We would need time to investigate it.

Products and resources found in this discussion
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.
Need help identifying your part?
Send a photo or description to our Parts Experts!
Identify Your Part
SWISCO Part Experts