Replacement for 87-160 Sliding window roller?

A quick learner from Tracy, CA says:
Hello, I understand that 87-160 is being discontinued. Is there another roller that I could use as a replacement? Thanks in advance
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
I'm afraid there's no direct replacement, but one experimental workaround is to use our 18-142 top sash guide. Surprisingly, it has a very similar shape to the old roller. There are a few caveats though, namely in a few specific measurements. The 18-142 is big in some places. It may still work, but likely not without alteration. You would also need to reuse the old wheel and axle. All that said, look it over and let me know what you think.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)