Replacement for Andersen arm #1521101

A quick learner from USA says:

Hello, I am having an issue with an Andersen awning window and I hope you guys can point me in the right direction. The arm for the window (#1521101) will open window but become dislodged when trying to close. I am not sure if it is the latch that connects to the window that is faulty or the operator itself. I have attached a picture to show the issue. I'd appreciate any help you can give.

Best Regards,

Paul 

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named image0 (21).jpeg
Profile picture of Lauren
Lauren from SWISCO responded:

Hi Paul, thank you for posting,

Unfortunately from the picture, we cannot determine the exact issue. First you will want to check the shoe on the end of the arm for any visible damage that may be making it disengage from the rod. If the shoe is undamaged, the problem is most likely the full operator. To test this, crank the operator with out being attached to anything to see if it stops functioning correctly. 

Keep in mind, it could also be caused by damage to the rod. Look over these steps to see if the problem area can be identified. I have related two sizes of operators to review and compare along with the 36-083 shoe kit individually if that is the issue.

Let me know what you think! 

How to identify casement and awning operators
How to identify casement and awning operators
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.