Replacement for Scheirich part

A home owner from Maine says:
Hi, I am looking for a replacement for a discontinued Scheirich part that others have asked about also (the one that mounted to a metal rail in the back of the cabinet). Am I correct that your 32-089 will accept a side rail that is exactly 1-inch wide? Thanks in advance!
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named PXL_20220815_233642526.jpg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

That is correct. Our 32-089 has an opening that's 1" x 3/8", which you can see in the diagram below. Just note that in order to get this to work on your drawer you will need to find a way to screw it to the back wall. That is probably going to be the trickiest part of this project.

Profile diagram of 32-089
Profile diagram of 32-089

Thank you so much for your reply! I think I should probably just be able to screw the part into the back of the cabinet??
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Yes that's exactly what you want to do, but in my experience the back wall of cabinets like this tend to be very thin. If that ends up being the case then you'll need to use a piece of wood behind the guide to help give the screws a little something more to bite into.

Of course, I could just be overthinking it. Just something to keep in mind as you move forward with the project.

Thank you so much for this tip!! I might not have thought of it myself, and I will definitely keep this in mind!
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.