Replacement for older andersen awning windows "shoe"

A quick learner from Point Pleasant NJ says:
It looks like the item 36-030 roto- lock operator shoe pair would fix our windows. There is no model# on either the part or the windows. Is this a universal part or are there specific sizes for andersen awning windows? The windows looked fairly new when we bought the house in 1995 but really not sure of there age. We haven't been able to get answers from local window repair or handyman except they aren't sure and we need the window model # which we don't have. Hope you can help. Thanks Liz
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 1610826278758491993846785631180.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 16108263655534448481853895940124.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_20210109_113636_01.jpg
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

I agree, the 36-030 is the best match. So long as yours matches the 1-1/2" size we list in the pictures for this shoe pair, I think this is a good bet. Let me know what you think. 

A quick learner from Point Pleasant NJ says:
Yes. We need the 1 1/2 inch length. Do they even come in any other size?
Profile picture of Bob

No, these shoes only come in this size. My guess is they'll work for you, but if for some reason they don't, you can view our Return Policy here

A quick learner from Connecticut says:
How do you replace these? There is no slot on the shoe to snap over the rod.
Profile picture of Bob

You will have to remove the guide bar from the window to install the new shoes, then you can reattach the bar. Take a look at the guide rod on the window. The guide rod should come together in the middle of the sash, secured by a bracket that the rod(s) slide into. Remove the screw at the flared ends, and the guide rod should come out of the center bracket. There is a chance you may also need to loosen up the screws or remove the screws in that center bracket to get it free. Then you can install the 36-030 shoe and reassemble everything. Try that out and let us know if that worked for you.

How to identify casement and awning operators
How to identify casement and awning operators
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.