Replacement for single roller A-S 8097

A home owner from Tampa Bay, Florida USA says:
I need to find replacements for these roller. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named _DSC1077_sm.jpg
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for the photo. Unfortunately, we could not locate a replacement match with the stamping you gave us. I believe we can still help you with this. Start with taking a close at the measurements of our 81-090 sliding door roller. You want to pay close attention to the thickness, height of the housing, the diameter of the wheels, and the hole pattern on the back. 

A handy person from Tampa says:
I have a need for this exact model A-S 8097 that this home owner pictured. The measurements for your 81-090 are close but not exact. Is that that closest I'll get and does the differences matter that much? Mine is 2 1/32" long 1 1/8" high and 5/8" wide and the wheel diameter is 1 1/4"

Thanks in advance as this could save me several hundreds to a thousand dollars.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Thank you for providing those dimensions! That is a huge help. Those measurements do render our 81-090 incompatible, unfortunately.

Our 81-011 is closer, but still different. The wheel is smaller at 1", but the housing is taller at 1-1/16" and a little narrower at 9/16". Those are all important dimensions. The length doesn't matter so much, so you can ignore that. The wheel diameter also isn't quite as critical, since these rollers can be adjusted to make up the difference.

However, the width and height of the housing are vital. I would triple check your dimensions to be sure. 

I've added pictures hopefully this helps narrow it down. I have six sets that I have to replace and I want to make sure I get it right. Thanks for the prompt reply.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named FD9D1624-B156-4233-B13C-4A3CE96BBAED.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 4FD853D6-D480-4DEC-A3EA-F75CDB2BD2CE.jpeg
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:

I actually went through my old Allen Stevens catalogs and could not come up with that roller number. That said, take a look at the 81-081 roller to see if this roller matches up to yours. I believe this could be the one you are looking for,

Thank you very much! Please do.

Thanks Dave for your response. I have ordered the rollers you suggested as they appear to be the closest to mine. I will let you know how it turns out. Thanks again
Dave,

I wanted to let you know that 81-081 roller was a perfect replacement for the AS-8097 Allen Smith roller. Almost identical. The only issue I ran into was that the screws holding the frame in place were rusted solid. But your product was perfect except for one of the rollers was missing in the order. I've emailed customer to get this resolved. Thanks again for all of your help.

That's great news. Thanks for the update and, of course, for ordering from us to begin with.

If you ever have any questions in the future, feel free to reach out.

How to identify patio door rollers
How to identify patio door rollers
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Patio Sliding Glass Door Roller [1080p]
How to Replace a Patio Sliding Glass Door Roller [1080p]
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to maintain a sliding glass door
How to maintain a sliding glass door
GUIDE
READ >
How to replace a sliding glass door roller
How to replace a sliding glass door roller
GUIDE
READ >
Identifying the right replacement roller for your sliding glass door
Identifying the right replacement roller for your sliding glass door
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.