Replacement for vertical window assist

A home owner from Flowery Branch, GA says:
We need to replace the vertical window assist pictured in 162400. The window wouldn't stay up when raised vertically. I can't find any markings or manufacturing information on the window itself. I have a door with the following markings:

PPG Herculite Trempe Tempered
BS 6206-1961 - A
16CFR1201 CII
ANSI Z-97.1-1987 3/16U
5GCC-1603 2004

They look similar in make. Is it possible to replace the part or will I need to replace the entire window?
User submitted photos of window hardware.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Check out our Series 775 channel balance. This may be a good match for your broken balance.
A quick learner from Georgia says:
Thank you. I'm going to be ordering and crossing my fingers!
How to install a S775 balance
How to install a S775 balance
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 4-7 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at