Replacement for window crankshaft

A quick learner from West Rutland VT says:
Existing hardware: 3061430893 (pictures included of old and new crank shafts)

We are currently in the process of replacing our window crank shaft for a window upstairs. The old crank shaft is measured at 4 3/8 inches in length. The replacement crank shaft I purchased is 5 inches and does not fit properly. Is there any way we can get a crank shaft at 4 3/8 inches. If not, please advise.

Would also, if possible, like to send the 5 inches crank shaft back.

Thank you, Patrick
User submitted photos of a window operator.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
I'm afraid they don't make this operator with a smaller arm like you need, but we do have a solution. You can drill off both arms, then install the old arm on the new operator using a 62-014 rivet. That is usually what I do when presented with this issue and I find it works well.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.