Replacement "glass spline/glazing" for peachtree storm door seasonal glass insert

A handy person from Farmington says:
I have peach tree storm doors with removable seasonal panes (glass and screen) for my French Doors.

The glass pane broke and while we were able to find a glass company to replace the glass, we cannot find the glass glazing or spline.

The old spline was chipped, cracked and weather beaten and we need a new one. The spline is 1/4" deep by 1/2" wide x 63" tall. The glass insert is 261/2 x 63. Your help in locating this part to purchase is appreciated. Thank you.
JD
glazing spline
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
I'm afraid we don't have an exact match for this strip. These aren't made that much anymore. That said, I think you can substitute it by using our 70-180 clip and 33-090 screw. The 70-180 would need to be secured on the face of the door with the 33-020. The end leg of the clip has a 1/2" reach and should press up against the screen or glass panel in the door holding it in place. I would suggest installing four or five on each side and maybe two at the top.

Alternatively, you can cut the current strip you have down into clips of your own, it should work just the same. There's no need for it to be one long continuous strip.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.