Replacement handle for sliding glass door

A quick learner from California says:
I would like to replace this clamp style handle for a sliding glass door, but I would like the exterior part to be pretty much flush with the door rather than extending out like this piece does. I am installing a sliding screen door and the current piece (the really worn looking one) extends too far out to allow the screen to easily slide. Do you have anything that will work?
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_4545.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_4546.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_4547.jpg
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:


Take a look and compare the specifications of the 82-009A handle set with 4-15/16" installation holes to your assembly. The outside pull does sit relatively flush to the door compared to the 82-042 style pull that you have now. Thanks for posting! 

How to maintain a sliding glass door
How to maintain a sliding glass door
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 4-7 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at