Replacement handle set with key

A quick learner from Hanover, MD says:
I want to replace an existing handle set with a handle set with a key. I bought the 82-086 but didn't realize it was an offset latch (if it was centered, it would work). My hole pattern requires a centered latch. I was directed to the 82-030 handle set and the 82-310 key lock, as you describe. It's not clear to me if the 82-310 attaches without an additional housing, like e.g. the 82-315. The inside of the 82-030 outside handle does appear to be provisioned to hold a key lock, so do I just have to punch out the opening from the inside and slide in the key lock? What holds the key lock in? Are screws required to attach it? Or does it just snap it somehow?
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

The outside pull of the 82-030 has the housing for the 82-310 built into it. The outside pull features an extrusion with three punch outs on its inner surface. To install a key lock, you will need to remove one of these punch outs. We recommend using a center punch tool.

The three punch outs are meant to be used for the different possible alignments of the outside handle and the mortise lock. Be sure to remove only the punch out hole that aligns with the position of the keyway in the door.

Once you have knocked out the correct punch out, insert the key cylinder so that the tailpiece fits into the mortise lock. You may need to cut the tailpiece with pliers so that it is not so long that interferes with the spindle of the lock lever on the inside pull. Let me know if this makes sense. 

If you wish to return the 82-086, see our Return Policy here.

A quick learner from Hanover, MD says:
Thanks, Bob, this makes perfect sense to me!
How to Install a Key Lock on a Patio Door
How to Install a Key Lock on a Patio Door
VIDEO
WATCH >
Legacy Patio Door Handles, Locks & Spindles
Legacy Patio Door Handles, Locks & Spindles
GUIDE
READ >
How to maintain a sliding glass door
How to maintain a sliding glass door
GUIDE
READ >
How to install the 82-030 Handle Set
How to install the 82-030 Handle Set
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.