Replacement latch

A home owner from Mt. Savage Md. says:
I'm wondering if this interior latch will work with an exterior turn type knob?
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:

Not sure what type of storm door handle set you have, but the 40-053 is only used for "push button" type handle sets. It unfortunately won't work with turn levers.

That said take a look at the 40-145 or 40-150. These are used with turn type and lever handles. One of these might work for you storm door handle.

If not, we would need photos in order to narrow it down further.

A home owner from Mt. Savage Md. says:
Here are two photos of my existing storm door lock/latch set. I'm trying to find a replacement for the inside latch
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named D7B4ED3E-ECB2-4532-A8CF-B67B547F3FEE.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named DB4E448D-06D9-4F44-B427-836EACCA0F83.jpeg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Hello! I recognize this handle set. The hardware you have here isn't made anymore, unfortunately, however either of the two handles Dave recommended should work just fine. The 40-145 would probably be the closest in terms of function, and it is available in black.

The only thing I'm not 100% sure about is whether it will accept the spindle from the exterior knob. That's the stem that joins the interior and exterior handles. Note that the 40-145 has a 3/16" spindle hole, shown below. As long as that matches the original then you should be good to go!

Dimensions for 40-145
Dimensions for 40-145
How to flip a storm door mortise latch.
How to flip a storm door mortise latch.
VIDEO
WATCH >
SWISCO Quick-Fix! 40-150 Spindle Replacement
SWISCO Quick-Fix! 40-150 Spindle Replacement
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.